The Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology
The Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology is our most popular and most thorough qualification, covering manicures, pedicures, dipping systems, gel polish, hard gel, acrylic, art, theory and basic business skills.
Our most successful Graduates tend to come from the Foundation Certificate with many running their own businesses and others working for well known salons such as Leah Light Nails and Beauty.
The Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology covers the same content as our seven individual Beginner Modules but in a concise, 3 week format. Click into any of the individual modules to see their content below -
- The Theory of Nails Online
- Manicures and Pedicures
- Dipping Systems for Beginners
- Mastering Acrylic Application 1
- Mastering Hard Gel Application
- Mastering Acrylic Application 2
- Mastering PolyGel Application
- Three Supervised Portfolio and Assessment Days
If you are unable to complete 3 consecutive weeks of training, you can still complete the Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology. Just click the modules above and enrol in each one (they are listed in recommended order) as and when you are ready. They must all be completed with 12 months of each other.
Note that you do save $641 by completing classes consecutively.
An online version of this course is available here.
To complete your qualification you also need to achieve -
- 80% or higher on your Theory Assessment (Online/From Home - Click the link and have a look, you won't break it!)
- 80% or higher on your Gel Polish Assessment (Can be done during a Supervised or Unsupervised Portfolio and Assessment Day)
- 80% or higher on your Acrylic Assessment (Can be done during a Supervised or Unsupervised Portfolio and Assessment Day)
- 80% or higher on your Hard Gel Assessment (Can be done during a Supervised or Unsupervised Portfolio and Assessment Day)
- As well submitting as a 14-piece Portfolio (Online/From Home - Click through the whole thing and have a look, you won't break it!)
if you complete all modules across 3 consecutive weeks (as shown below), you will be invoiced a concession price of $2,499, saving $641 (payment plans are not available). You will still have a year to pass your assessments and complete your portfolio. Alternatively, you can book and pay each of the Modules separately as and when you are ready, using the links near the top of this page.
When you're ready to enrol, go to http://monaco.ac.nz/course/foundation-certificate-in-nail-technology-in-person-option and click 'Enrol'.
A few extras -
- You can see a video of our facilities here -
- If you click here and then scroll down to the playlist 'Welcome to Monaco' you can see 5 video testimonials from past students
- Lastly if you click here you can see reviews that our students have left about our courses :)
Call us on (09) 574 5573 if you have any further questions!