Looking for a qualification that covers everything nails? Click here!
Note: If you don't already hold a Beauty Therapy or Nail Tech qualification, you'll need to enrol in The Theory of Nails before you can receive a certificate for this course. You're welcome to complete both courses simultaneously or in either order; but the certificate comes after!
Your fees cover all online training content, 7-Day access to Educators in our Student Facebook Group and personal access to an assigned Educator via email. There are no extra fees.
Are products included?
Products are not included however you are welcome to book in on our Auckland-based Unsupervised Practice Days for $10, giving you all-day access to our products. An Educator is on site for quick questions but not demonstrations - for those you need to book a Supervised Practice Day, which may even be available in your local region.
The following Kits are also available -
- Traditional Manicures $299
- Gel Polish Manicures (inc Lamp) $799
- 10 x Gel Polish Colours $289
- IBX Duo Pack $69.99
- Combined Kit/All 4 for $1299
Will I be qualified as a Nail Tech when I finish this course?
Stand Alone Qualification
If you are not working towards the Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology but would like a certificate for this course, you have two options -
- If you already hold a Nail Tech Qualification - Email firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of qualification (if we haven't already seen it) and let us know that you've finished this training. Once verified, you will receive recognition.
- If you do not hold a Nail Tech Qualification - First, you need to have completed The Theory of Nails and passed the respective Assessment. Next, you need to book your Manicure Assessment, either in Auckland at a Supervised or Unsupervised Practice Day, or you can contact us email@example.com to see if a Mentor is available in your region to offer a Supervised Practice Day closer to home. Once you reach a passing grade of 80% on both Assessments you will be awarded a certificate and be able to provide Manicure services for clients.
Note that if you are completing other Modules, Practice Days can be combined - eg you can do your Manicure and Acrylic Assessments on the same day.
Working towards the Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology
The Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology is our most popular and most thorough certification, covering manicures, pedicures, gel polish, hard gel, acrylic, art, and theory. Our most successful Graduates tend to come from the Foundation Certificate with many running their own businesses and others working for well known salons such as Leah Light Nails and Beauty.
If you wish, you can go on to complete (listed in recommended order) -
- The Theory of Nails Online (including 80% or higher on your Theory Assessment)
- Manicures and Pedicures (including 80% or higher on your Gel Polish Assessment)
- Dipping Systems for Beginners
- Mastering Acrylic Application 1
- Mastering Hard Gel Application (including 80% or higher on your Hard Gel Assessment)
- Mastering Acrylic Application 2 (including 80% or higher on your Acrylic Assessment)
- Mastering PolyGel Application
- A minimum of 3 Supervised Portfolio and Assessment Days
- The Theory of Nails Assessment
- Manicure Assessment
- Liquid and Powder Assessment
- Secondary Enhancement Techniques Assessment
And submit -
- Your Portfolio
- and be awarded the Monaco Nail Academy Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology.
We believe passionately in the quality of our courses, but don't just ask us - ask our Graduates!